Mountain & Moon jewellery is made to premium standards, with only the highest quality gold micron plating on certified ethical brass and 925 sterling silver base. Designed with a selection of our favourite natural gemstones, glass stones and freshwater pearls.
Our jewellery is made to last but pieces that are handled (without care) via excessive dropping, wear and tear, or improper transport / storage are more likely to show wear and potential damage over time. Please use common sense and care when wearing and storing your MM piece.
To reduce the effect of wear, gently wipe jewellery with soft polishing cloth and store in a dry place. Protect jewellery from abrasive surfaces and harsh chemicals and please be mindful of wearing makeup near jewellery or of getting your plated metal piece wet.
- Lightly wipe your jewellery with a jewellery cloth after each wear to remove any unwanted chemicals on the surface of your jewellery.
- Gently polish your items to bring back a shine and remove any tarnish.
- Take care not to over polish plated objects as you may remove the plating.
- Be sure to wash your hands after using a specialised jewellery cloth as they contain chemicals to enhance the cleaning process.
- It is essential that you clean your jewellery and avoid chemicals, as tarnishing is not considered a fault. Our jewellery must come into contact with chemicals for tarnishing to occur, and this will not be covered by our warranty.
WHAT TO AVOID
- For gold plated metals, please expect some natural tarnishing over time with wear. Plated metals will react with chemicals and can cause jewellery to tarnish, however cleaning and storing your jewellery correctly will help to minimise this.
- Avoid wearing your jewellery in the shower, ocean, or pool and limit contact with perfumes and lotions.
- Avoid banging your jewellery on table tops or against any other hard surfaces, including other items of jewellery. This will protect against scratching and chipping.
- Pack your jewellery with care (avoid throwing it in the bottom of your bag).
- Apply your cosmetics, moisturisers and hair products before adding your jewellery with clean hands.
- Do not spray perfume directly onto or around your jewellery.
- Please note that all metals oxidise naturally with time and will require maintenance.
Gemstones are delicate and will chip or shatter on impact with hard surfaces. Please take care when handling and storing. Please note that stones that break due to mishandling will not be viewed as faulty.
To keep your MM piece in tip-top condition, we suggest storing it in the cloth bags provided with your shipment; this will keep it dry and will reduce the likelihood of tarnishing. Store your item in a moisture free room, in the box or pouch provided. Moisture and humidity can cause oxidisation and tarnishing, so please avoid storing your jewellery in the bathroom and keep your jewellery away from all sources of heat. Don’t leave your jewellery sitting on the window sill, in direct light or in your car.
ADJUSTING YOUR ITEMS
Adjust your item to the correct size by applying light pressure to bend the metal. Please keep in mind that continual adjustment will cause the metal to fatigue and may cause damage. Adjustable rings are designed to be altered to your size once, and damage caused by excessive bending will not be viewed as a product fault.